1. – LEGAL NOTICES –
Luke Historians (hereafter “LH”) is grateful for your readership and appreciates your respect of the following legal notices.
1. LH is an informative website dedicated to serving readers/viewers/listeners (hereafter “visitors”) with information derived from primary source documents and eyewitness accounts, as well as scholarly commentary, debate and guidance for independent research. Use of the LH website shows that you are agreeing to the terms listed on this page. LH reserves the right to make modifications to any of these policies at any time without notice to its visitors. By not agreeing to these terms, you cannot threaten LH or any company hosting and storing any files related to LH with legal action. You also may not prosecute any person(s) affiliated with LH including, but not limited to, family, friends or individuals who maintain or visit this website.
2. – DISCLAIMER –
1. This website is available to all users “as is” without any representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. LH makes no representations, warranties or undertakings that this website, or the server that makes it available, will be free from defects, including, but not limited to viruses or other harmful elements. LH accepts no liability for any infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized access, intervention, alteration or use, fraud, theft, technical failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, or any event or occurrence beyond the control of LH, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness and integrity or proper conduct of any aspect of this website.
2. There are certain inherent risks in using the Internet and the World Wide Web. LH makes no representations, warranties or undertakings about: Any of the Materials on this website (including to some degree their accuracy and completeness or their merchantability, quality or fitness for any particular purpose). LH is devoted to reporting facts as they are thus far known, but it must be understood that knowledge takes time to gather and might not always be completely filed at any given time.
3. – COPYRIGHT CONDUCT –
1. Unless otherwise specified, the primary documents cited and presented by LH are in the public domain and thus available for distribution by LH and its visitors without limitation. Because the owner and Editor in Chief of LH is an American citizen, the aforementioned public domain materials include all past and current U.S. Government sources (1) as well as materials that did not have their copyright renewed after 1922.
2. Comments posted to LukeHistorians.com in any format or medium become the property of LH and are also covered by Federal Copyright protection once published. Comments will be monitored for demonstrations of ill behavior or abuse which do not behoove research.
3. LH allows for “fair use” of original content (that is, original creations of LH) to the extent that excerpts, summaries and brief quotes may be used provided that credit is given to LH and the writer’s name. New Media (such as blogs) may meet this Fair Use requirement by posting a link to the cited LH content as part of their use of our material. Old Media must notify LH (Contact: info[at]lukehistorians[dot]com) prior to or within 24-hours of using protected LH material.
4. As a valid news source, LH abides by the Fair Use Privilege of the United States of America (2). All editors, writers and contributors have the legal right to quote and/or mention any public information without permission of the author as long as the source is properly referenced and the author is given due credit. LH has the right to report any public information about any public figure.
4. – MISCELLANEOUS –
1. For the benefit of honest reporting, LH maintains the right and duty to examine the integrity of its contributors. Because LH is a public organization (according to aforementioned definition of “public,” not taxpayer sustained), any conflict between LH and another party will be made fully public. If you choose to make any contentious claims with LH, related primary transactions that come into possession of LH will be made public for the sake of thorough investigation.